The Irish short-story writer and novelist William Trevor died last November. He was 88. His readers say he is one of the best writers ever, and with titles like How We Got Drunk on Cake, how can we resist giving him a place on our reading list? I had encountered Trevor’s work before, in The New Yorker, but reading a whole book of short stories makes a big difference. You really get to see the depth of his characterizations.
- Dublin dehors 15/10/2017
- New Smash Hit Play in London’s West End: The Ferryman 15/10/2017
- Grosse-Île: The Musical – Inspired by Local Quebec City Historian 15/10/2017
- The Mysterious and the Macabre 15/10/2017
- Ciné Gael Special Screening: Famine Irish 19/09/2017
- A Week at the Trieste Joyce School 19/09/2017